Best New Thing:
- I bought my first Alex & Ani bracelet!!! It's the Snape bracelet, or "Turn to Page 394" It HAD to be mine because whenever I'm asked to guess a number, my AUTOMATIC guess is 394. "Michelle, how many days left in September?" "394" (Click on the pic to go to Alex & Ani to check it out--I'm not affiliated with them; I just love it)
FFOs, SO MANY!! All by JoLynn at Acorns & Threads
- First up is Starry, Starry Night from Bent Creek. I bought this half stitched on eBay and finished it up for the SFS credit, then gave it to JoLynn to finish off for me:
- Next up is B's Houses from B's under the bed box, which I showed on a special Estate Sale Haul video. Again, I gave JoLynn free reign on finishing and she knocked it out of the park:
- Last but CERTAINLY not least is Stacy Nash's Martha Agnes Sampler Roll. JoLynn followed Stacy Nash's finishing directions and KILLED IT:
- I finished the top left corner block and filigree on Quotes to Live By (aka the MIND SAL) from Stitchrovia:
Here is my finish for this week:
I finished that block and the swirlies in three days. I have three more similar boxes left, could I have this DONE by next video? MAYBE!!
WIPs (Works in Progress):
- First I worked on Black Cat Hollow for the #BlackCatHollowSAL by Barbara Ana Designs:(click on the picture to purchase from Gulf Coast Stitches)
It's charted in DMC but I went through my stash and pulled similar fancy flosses (becuase I have LOT of fancy flosses!!). The only change that I made was to stitch the witch's skin in GA Green Apple instead of the called for peachy color. I love her.
The Needleminder is from @HouseOfMeng on Instagram. BE CAREFUL! They're adorable and addictive!!
- Next the wheel spun Halloween Quaker from Lila's Studio: (click on the pic to purchase from Lila's Studio on Etsy)
Here is where is was before I started stitching:
And here is where it is now:
That is NOT bad progress!! This is stitched in none of the called for flosses (but a lot of VERY similar Fancy flosses and DMCs that were already in my stash) on a fabric that I duo dyed (like solo dyed but there are two of them!) for Imperfectly Perfect Heather and I.
- For the #StarWarsSundaySAL that Angie from the Hybernation Stitcher and I started this week, I pulled out Leia & Han from Tilton Crafts:
Here is what it looked like last time:
I made good progress for just working on it during the stitch with me:
This project comes with a real danger of "project too close to the face syndrome", but once I figured that out I love it and I can't wait to stitch on it on Sundays!!
I also love the fact that this project has EXACTLY 40 colors and that makes it PERFECT for my BagzPlus floss buddy!
- And for today, I'm going to ship TONS of Live Sale goodies, stitch more on Quotes to Live By, and my travel project is going to be PART of Scary One from Plum Street Samplers:
I haven't started it yet, but I do have it all packed up to carry around, in my LoveYouMoreStudios sleeve!! they're PERFECT for on the go/small WIPS!! NOW I HAVE A REASON TO BUY ALL THE SLEVES!!!
Purchases: So. Many.
- This Month's Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe flosses are gorgeous AGAIN! And now they're on my Donut Drops! <3
Click on the picture above to go directly to the Dyeing 2 Stitch site to order.
- By the Bay needlearts, Harbor Haven SAL, parts 9 and 10:
- Hands on Design, Put on the Hat (Cathy Habermann killed me): (click on the pic to purchase from Down Sunshine Lane)
- Hannah Sanderson 1849 Sampler from Sassy Jack's Stitcher: (click on the pic to purchase from Sassy Jack's). She. Is. STUNNING:
She was first printed in a few magazines from the 1990s (I believe!) and now Dutch Treat Designs has chosen to reprint her. THANK YOU DUTCH TREAT DESIGNS!!!
- I was lucky to receive some BEAUTIFUL stitched pieces this week, Thank you SO MUCH to Erin and Autumn:
- My #CountryStitchersRR piece came back to me!!
- My DixieSamplar Haunted Harvest Exchange package from Tammy R came!! ALL the goodies and the stitched piece is Trick or Treat from Cherished Stitches:
- And how ME is this Donut hanger from Donna and Shawna?!?! Mahalo for thinking of me ladies. <3 <3
I put my donut needleminders on it. I only have TWO?!?! 0_0
- I finished the audiobook version of When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi: (click on the picture to go to the Goodreads page)
This has been on my TBR list for SO long. It's the memoir of a 36 year old neurosurgeon who is diagnosed with lung cancer and proceeds to fail first, second, and third line treatments. It made me laugh and cry and screen shot things for future reference. 4/5 Stars
- And I finished Scarlet by Marissa Meyer: (click on the pic to go to the Goodreads page)
I'm DEFINITELY #TeamJacob, so I loved this book. I loved Cinder as well, but I loved Scarlet MORE. She and Wolf made my life; I couldn't stop listening; I finished the audiobook in THREE DAYS. And you KNOW I've already reserved Cress from Overdrive. 4.5/5 stars
Instagram Auction Items!!
- Auction will take place today through Tuesday, July 24 at 0600 PST on @michellebendy on Instagram. Here's an amazing diagram describing how to bid:
Under the picture of the item that you'd like to purchase, you put your bid in $1 increments AND you tag the person who bid above you. Only the person who bid DIRECTLY above you!
- Here are the winners of last week's auctions, with all of the donations going to Wade's Alzheimer's Walk so he could earn a t-shirt. And BOY did he earn a t-shirt.
- First up is the SUPER cool FFO of Raise the Roof Designs June Angel, now out of print, won by Peggy:
- Next is a copy (not MY copy!) of Hands Across the Sea Sarah Braizear 1829, won by Marybeth: (Traditional Stitches still has it, so click on the pic to purchase)
- Third we auctioned off a FULL SILK KIT of Stars by the Drawn Thread. and Jessica B won it, which is AMAZING because it's on her #stitchywishlist!! :
- And the new auctions: These will end on Tuesday, September 25 at 0600 PST. This week's theme is Boxes and there are only two because they're so CRAZY GOOD!
- First up, I asked Angela at Colour & Cotton if it would be possible for her to put together just one more of her SOLD OUT Halloween Mystery box. AND SHE DID!!!This box is TOTALLY sold out and it includes:
- 10 skeins of hand dyed cotton floss
- 2 skeins of hand dyed silk
- one 1/4 yard piece of hand dyed fabric for stitching
- one 1/8 yard piece of hand dyed fabric for stitching
- one 1/4 yard piece of hand dyed finishing fabric
- assorted notions, trims, and ghoulish treats
- The second box is the NEW Hocus Pocus box from Love You More Stuido Co!!!
This box is coming in the standard size, which is what I ordered for myself, and it's PERFECT for carrying small projects around (is this my excuse to buy all the LYMS sleeves? Yes, yes it is) and it will include:
- 1 exclusive LYMS Standard Sized book sleeve
- 1 exclusive 8 oz Novel Heartbeat Creations candle
- 1 exclusive Bookmark'd Tattoos woodmark
- 1 LYMS mug and drink
- 5-7 more magical items
- A scratch-off ticket with a chance to WIN all three Sanderson Sisters Funko Pops!
- The winner's box will ship on October 8, just like everyone else's. Remember, this is for the standard sized sleeve.
- Acorns & Threads
- Reflections Framing & Stitching
- Gulf Coast Stitches
- Starlight Stitchery
- BagzPlus by Corina
- House of Meng on Instagram
- MKissa Creations on Etsy
- #RCMinimalistChallenge on Instagram
- Lolly, LollypopStitches
- Diana, itiskismet stitches
- Lisa, Kindred Stitcher
- Lorrie, Mischievous Stitches
- Kyle, Stitching in Sound Kyle Rekemeyer
- Michelle, CozyEgg
- Carmen, Broadway Stitcher
- Donna and Shawna, Stitching in DooDah
- Leslie Hurley
- Deb & Liz, Country Stitchers
- McKenna, Stitching in Sequins
- Fiber Talk